1. TerRio is a Georgia first-grader. He became an internet star last summer, when one of his neighbors posted this video on Vine:
2. A year later, he’s hanging out with music bigwigs like DJ Khaled.
TerRio’s affairs are managed by a 25-year-old guy named Herbert “Dooney” Battle. “I found him online before he got big and went and got him,” Battle told the Miami New Times in April.
3. This summer, TerRio will release an album, called I Was Just Thinking.
It will feature Soulja Boy, Migos, DJ Khaled, and Young Jeezy, and will be released independently, through Tha Lights. Through a rep, Battle told BuzzFeed that TerRio will own “100% of his publishing.”
“The management are behind [the album],” said Jesse Edwards, a major label publicist who’s marketing the TerRio project independently. “They’re trying to capitalize in any way possible. The kid is 6-years old, he doesn’t know what is going on. But he does like rapping. And these ideas for the Vines, these creative ideas, that’s all him.”
According to Edwards, TerRio was also offered deals from DJ Khaled’s We The Best label, and Interscope.
4. TerRio’s first official music video, called “Oooh Killem,” was filmed in Miami.
The song, which has a Soulja Boy-indebted “Crank dat TerRio” refrain, was produced by Battle, with Timothy Lowery, and Jon Barchan. TerRio doesn’t do much rapping on the song — guests Polo, KayLuv, and Kidd Willie all have verses.
In an email to BuzzFeed, TerRio wrote: “This Is crazy to have my first Music Video but in Kevin Hart Voice Oooh Killem.”
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸