1. Miranda Lambert has six dogs. In this video made with Pedigree, she talks about the animal shelter she supports at home in Tishomingo, Okla. (population 3,100).
2. “I feel like [dogs] love you for you, you know? That’s why I have six,” Lambert says in the spot, which follows volunteers from Pedigree and Lambert’s non-profit MuttNation Foundation.
Together, the crew spruced up the Tishomingo Animal Shelter, to which Pedigree donates food.
3. Lambert raised $70,000 to help build Tishomingo’s shelter in 2009, a year after she purchased a farm in the town.
In 2012, she and husband Blake Shelton urged the shelter’s managers to change a policy which permitted putting down dogs after just three days in residence. In 2014, Lambert’s MuttNation donated $253,660 to animal shelters in each of the 50 states.
4. “I’ve already cried like four times. It’s all about the dogs in those enclosures that need a home.”
- Six people died and more than 60 were injured in a spree of gun violence in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend.
- Donald Trump's personal $1 million check to a charity was dated the same day he was interviewed by a reporter looking into the funds.
- The show "The Biggest Loser" is under investigation following a report that its contestants were given drugs to aid weight loss.