1. Here’s Miley Cyrus’ smoky, swaying cover of OutKast’s 2003 smash, “Hey Ya.”
Her slowed-down rendition calls attention to the emotional range of the great song. Lines like “But does she really want it / But can’t stand to see me / Walk out the door?” are sunny when your grandma is dancing to them at a wedding, but in Miley’s hands, they’re half tipsy, half devastating.
2. Miley’s currently on a 38-show tour. She’s filling out a set of songs from her 2013 LP with covers, because fans don’t really know her older stuff.
Here she is in Oakland, doing Fleetwood Mac’s “Landslide” in an oversized tee emblazoned with her own face. She’s either reading the lyrics off her phone or checking Instagram.
3. She also does Dolly Parton’s “Jolene,” as former Girls frontman (and Miley fan) Christopher Owens points out:
5. So, “Backwoods Barbies,” please record a duet?
- Trump is viewed as "honest and trustworthy" by only 36% of the public, raising questions about his effectiveness in a crisis.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- The story of two lesbian Chinese billionaires who got married and became the richest couple alive has gone viral, but it's fake ❌