1. On Tuesday, New York auction house Sotheby’s sold a draft manuscript of Bob Dylan’s “Like A Rolling Stone” for $2.045 million. They called that a record for a popular music manuscript.
The seller was not identified, but Sotheby’s said he or she is a fan from California, who’d bought the manuscript directly from Dylan.
4. Back in 2010, John Lennon’s lyrics for 1967 Sgt. Pepper’s song “A Day In The Life” sold for $1.2 million, a record at the time.
6. Watch Bob Dylan’s 2013 interactive video for “Like A Rolling Stone,” released in conjunction with an epic box set, The Bob Dylan Complete Album Collection Vol. 1.
Yeah, it co-stars rapper Danny Brown, actor Drew Carey, and podcast host Marc Maron.
Thumbnail image: Columbia Records
- The State Department has been accused of promoting Trump's private businesses after its post about the history of Mar-a-Lago went viral.
- If no court steps in, Arkansas is poised to become the first state in more than 15 years to execute two people in one night.
- Markets are saying "Vive la France" after pro-EU centrist Emmanuel Macron gained the most votes in the 1st round of the French election.
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤