4. You can buy Sideboob’s album on this Bandcamp page, where you can also read their made-up backstory:
SIDEBOOB, formerly THE ALBERT ROTH PROJECT, formed in a garage five years ago when four friends playing poker were hit with a lightning bolt of rock genius. A band the likes of which had never been seen before in the upstate New York area, SIDEBOOB takes its influences from a wide variety of sources ranging from classic rock to arena rock. The band’s name originates from that time Gabe wore a tank top to the neighborhood pool and his wife wouldn’t stop commenting on how much SIDEBOOB he was showing. Their latest single, “Workers in the Mine,” is heralded as their “best song to date*.”
5. In reality, the Sideboob songs were written in collaboration with a group called Adopted Highways, that specializes in writing songs for commercials, movies, and making “sonic dreams come true.”
Adopted Highways has three members — Jennifer O’Connor, Tom Beaujour, Tim Foljahn — and two of them (Tom and Tim) actually appear as Sideboob members on the show.
“The show writers wrote the lyrics — which are really quite something — and then we (me, Tom and Tim) wrote the music and melodies,” O’Connor explained via email. The songs were recorded in New Jersey, and actor Nick Sandow came in to sing on “You Slay Me.”
- Republicans gave up on their Obamacare replacement. Trump demanded the House vote, but there still wasn't enough support.
- Donald Trump, who wrote a book about his ability to get deals done, lost in his highest stakes negotiation yet — the battered GOP health care bill.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached it's iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃