1. The video for U.K. producer Alex Metric’s excellent single, “Heart Weighs a Ton,” documents the life of a man named Glenn Bruno.
2. Bruno is 60, lives in Los Angeles, and on the surface lives a pretty routine life. For work, he assembles smoke alarms.
4. “I met Glenn when he responded to an earlier casting call for a different video idea with a 35-second cell phone video of himself dancing and spinning around on the ground,” explained one of the video’s directors, Jack Wagner.
“I knew we had to at least go meet this guy, and after hanging out a few times we learned his incredible story,” Wagner continued. “Eventually we ended up sending an email to Alex [Metric] and the label saying essentially ‘Hey guys, slight change of plans.’”
5. “When we first went over to Glenn’s house he had this old keychain hanging up with Robin’s name on it,” director Wagner said.
“He told us that the batteries died a long time ago but it has mysteriously started flashing before. We ended up doing a very long emotional interview with him in his bedroom the next week and when we walked out of the room the keychain was flashing like it was brand new.”
7. Sometimes, music videos make real dreams come true.
8. Bravo, Glenn!
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it — and it could get worse ❌📰