1. The video for U.K. producer Alex Metric’s excellent single, “Heart Weighs a Ton,” documents the life of a man named Glenn Bruno.
2. Bruno is 60, lives in Los Angeles, and on the surface lives a pretty routine life. For work, he assembles smoke alarms.
4. “I met Glenn when he responded to an earlier casting call for a different video idea with a 35-second cell phone video of himself dancing and spinning around on the ground,” explained one of the video’s directors, Jack Wagner.
“I knew we had to at least go meet this guy, and after hanging out a few times we learned his incredible story,” Wagner continued. “Eventually we ended up sending an email to Alex [Metric] and the label saying essentially ‘Hey guys, slight change of plans.’”
5. “When we first went over to Glenn’s house he had this old keychain hanging up with Robin’s name on it,” director Wagner said.
“He told us that the batteries died a long time ago but it has mysteriously started flashing before. We ended up doing a very long emotional interview with him in his bedroom the next week and when we walked out of the room the keychain was flashing like it was brand new.”
7. Sometimes, music videos make real dreams come true.
8. Bravo, Glenn!
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- A right-leaning nonprofit is planning to place news articles critical of Clinton in black newspapers ahead of the election 📰
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘