In case you haven't heard, Starz is quenching our thirst for scariness with an Evil Dead-themed show called Ash Vs. Evil Dead. It hits the screen tonight, and here's why you absolutely need to be excited.
1. First of all, it will bring back the greatness that was the original Evil Dead trilogy.
2. The king himself is back, and in full uniform — it’s not always easy to slip right back into your old clothes.
3. And not only is the king back, but the Raimi team is back, as well.
It’s like putting the band back together.
4. Because there aren’t enough characters with chainsaw arms in modern television and Ash is bringing it back.
5. Because nothing says Halloween like the triumphant return of a cult classic, and it’s been far too long since Ash saved the world from deadites.
6. Lucy freakin’ Lawless is a part of the cast.
7. Because the new, interesting characters are already looking seriously promising.
8. Because the gore and effects will be just as disgusting and cheesy as the originals were.
9. Because the boomstick is back.
10. There will be SO many inevitable callbacks to the original trilogy.
11. Because of one-liners like this:
12. Because Bruce Campbell is always gold.
13. Because we’ll be getting more cheesy, brilliant moments like this:
14. And of course, simply because it’s going to be so DAMN groovy.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!