1. Healthy food can cost up to 10 times as much as junk food.
2. We produce enough food to feed everyone on the planet. And then some.
3. That means we could supply more than 2,700 calories to every person on earth. Every day.
4. In the last few decades, soda prices have gone down 33%, but fresh fruit prices have gone up 40%.
5. Approximately 2.3 million Americans live in rural areas that are more than a mile from a grocery store, and have no access to a vehicle.
6. Predominantly white neighborhoods have an average of four times as many supermarkets as black or Hispanic neighborhoods.
7. 50.1 million Americans struggle to put food on the table.
8. Americans throw out 40 percent of their food every year.
9. There are more than 6,500 food deserts in the U.S. alone.
10. 14.5% of American households have experienced food insecurity at one time.