20 Stages Of Having The Flu That We've All Experienced
Unfortunately, the arrival of cozy szn also means... flu szn.
1. You know it's that time of year again when you hear that first ominous cough — from a classmate, a co-worker, or even just someone on the street. And you realize: Flu season is here.
2. And you start to freak out a little when you realize it's just a hotbed of viruses alllllll around you.
3. You try to stay vigilant and disinfect anything and everything you touch.
4. But inevitably, someone in your close circle starts to get sniffly, and you know it's just a matter of time.
5. You start becoming even MORE of a germaphobe than usual...
6. And avoid touching anything you don't totally trust — especially if it's on public transportation.
7. You consider investing in one of those face masks that all the streetwear kids make look so cool...
8. But then, one day, you realize it's too late.
9. You try to fight it, but the fatigue sneaks up on you before you know it.
10. Nevertheless, you trudge to work because you're in denial.
11. But eventually, you give in and crawl into bed...
12. Or, if you've still got a little bit of strength left, get yourself to the doctor as soon as you can.
13. You try to drink **all** the fluids possible.
14. At first, it's nice because you're finally getting to catch up on sleep.
15. But at some point, the cabin fever starts setting in...
16. And it feels like you've watched all of Netflix. All of it.
17. You're so desperate that you find yourself trying all the home remedies you can find on the internet...
18. But know that, in the end, you just have to wait it out.
19. There's nothing sweeter than that first day when you wake up feeling back to normal, and you're ready to spring out into the world...
20. Until you realize that everyone else in your life is home sick, too, so you might as well just...go back inside.
This post was translated from German.