1. In an interview with DJ Vlad, T-Pain claimed that he knew of certain rappers who refused to work with Frank Ocean because of Ocean’s sexuality.
“I think the radio is getting more gay-friendly,” he said. “I don’t think urban music is getting more gay-friendly because if that was the case, Frank Ocean would be on a lot more songs. I know n***as that will not do a song with Frank Ocean just because he gay, but they need him on the fucking song and that’s so terrible to me, man.”
T-Pain also said he feels the use of “no homo” jokes are “unnecessary” and complained about people being afraid to approach him because his assistant is an out gay man.
“You ain’t even got bitches,” he said. “Why you think this gay dude is going to like you? Bitches don’t even like you. You can’t think you’re a gift from god to gay men, that’s stupid.”
2. T-Pain has previously come out against homophobes in defense of his assistant.
4. DJ Vlad has raised the homophobia in hip-hop question before, speaking to Jamaican rapper Lord Jamar last year.
He accused Macklemore of pushing a “gay agenda.”
5. The Game told Vlad in 2011, “It’s not cool to be in the closet. If you gay, just say you gay. Be gay and be proud.”
6. And Fat Joe gave one of Vlad’s most candid interviews ever on “hip-hop’s gay mafia” in 2011.
“I’m pretty sure I’ve done songs with gay rappers,” he said. “I’m pretty sure of that. I’m pretty sure the football n****s is gay, the basketball n****s is…n****s is gay. There’s millions of gay people in the world, girls too. In 2011 you gotta hide that you gay? Like, be real. ‘Yo, I’m gay, what the fuck!’ Fuck it if people don’t like it.”
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸