1. It's based on a fantasy series by Terry Brooks with a huge fan following.
2. It's action-packed and not afraid to get a little gory.
3. It uses amazing special effects...
4. ...paired with real-life sets.
5. Austin Butler plays a man who is half-elf/half-human and the last of the Shannara family.
6. He's accompanied by an amazing cast of (beautiful) actors.
7. The backdrop of New Zealand will have you buying a flight immediately.
8. And its fictional landscapes will take you to an entirely new universe without leaving your house.
9. It was produced by Jon Favreau. (And who doesn't trust Favreau!?)
10. The costumes and makeup are out of this world (literally).
11. Like any good fantasy series, there is endless magic.
12. Dagda Mor is straight-up scary AF.
13. The women kick ass and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.
14. And it'll surprise you at every turn.
Don't miss The Shannara Chronicles Tuesdays at 10/9c on MTV!
All images courtesy of MTV.