1. They are responsible together when impulses strike.
"You know we can't get a dog, Scott," said Stiles, putting a strong arm around him. "I know," Scott said looking down. "We don't have the space."
2. They never hide anything from each other.
Stiles let the tear roll down his soft cheek as the air between them grew heavy amidst the confession he just uttered: "I ate your leftovers, dude."
3. They cheer each other up whenever necessary.
4. And they are not afraid to talk about the tough stuff too.
5. They remember special days and make those days special.
6. They push one another to be a better person.
"I can't. I'm sad today," Stiles grumbled. "Aw, come on," Scott said, throwing on a hoodie. "Exercise gives you endorphins, and endorphins make you happy!"
7. They are the other's source of strength during tough times.
8. They know how to keep the spark alive.
9. They genuinely care about the other's family.
"OK," Stiles sighed, "but you do know that my dad is the world champion at hide-and-seek, right? He could be literally anywhere."
10. And they make an effort to spend time with each other's friends.
11. They make decisions together.
12. They're perfectly happy just chilling at home for the night.
13. They do not let others come between them.
Scott looked over at Stiles, throwing him a sly grin. "My hero."
14. They know the importance of shutting up and just letting some things go sometimes.
15. And they aren’t afraid of being honest with one another.
16. Even when they screw up, they never hold a grudge.
As the two scaled the forest, lost on their way to the party, an abrupt noise startled Stiles. His phone slipped from his hand. "No worries," Scott said, "it was at 10% anyway."
17. They never give up on each other.
The men ran toward each other, competitive machismo be damned, barefoot among the cool grass of the soccer field toward a cripplingly warm embrace.