The new Scream movie came out last week, and I'm a huge fan of all things horror, but it occurred to me that I've never actually seen the original Scream movie.
I have seen Scary Movie 2 so many times (which is heavily based on Scream) so when I realised my movie mistake, I knew immediately I had to watch it.
I decided to take notes of my internal monologue, so here are all the thoughts that raced through my mind while teenagers were being attacked on my screen!
🚨 Spoilers for Scream (1996) ahead! 🚨
1. If someone phones you, but they claim to not know who you are, isn't that a little suspect? THEY rang YOU! Immediate red flags.
2. Seriously Casey, stop smiling and get off of the phone!! Also, don't walk away from the popcorn – you're going to start a fire.
3. I don't really know the guy, but I'm sure Steve didn't deserve that fate. Poor boy.
4. I KNEW the popcorn would catch fire. Yes, there are more pressing matters at hand, but all you had to do was turn the stove off.
5. Wow! You really just killed off Drew Barrymore??? How? Why?
6. Her poor parents. So far this movie is sad AND scary.