1. Welcome to Super Bowl Media Day!
2. Here’s what it looks like on the ground level.
(The Prudential Center, home of the New Jersey Devils.)
4. The split screen mostly stayed on the guys who were given their own booth.
For the Broncos it was Demaryius Thomas, Peyton Manning, John Fox, Champ Bailey and Wes Welker. For the Seahawks it was Earl Thomas, Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll, Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.
5. Here’s a look at Russell Wilson’s booth.
6. (and from behind)
7. Other players were seated in the back behind a barrier.
8. And the less fortunate had to stand.
9. A few players even walked around with everyone to experience the madness firsthand.
10. And when I say madness, I mean it.
This is a shot of Peyton Manning leaving his booth at the end of the Broncos media session.
11. Just imagine being surrounded by this many cameras while people shout random questions at you.
12. It’s an intimidating environment, but some of the players were able to handle it with a casual ease.
13. Others were a little more reserved.
14. And some were just not having it at all.
Marshawn Lynch only talked to the media for a little over six minutes while standing off in the corner by himself. Only a couple reporters were able to cross the barrier and talk to him (Deion Sanders being one of them).
15. For the most part though, everyone was having a good time.
16. And it’s sort of hard NOT to enjoy yourself when there are so many different personalities and characters around.
I have no clue what this chap was doing, but he seemed to be enjoying himself.
18. These golden gals.
The three of them were working for The Queen Latifah Show.
19. This superhero and his perfectly gelled hair.
21. And Miss New Jersey.
18-year-old Emily Shah.
22. Gold medalist Gabby Douglas was there.
23. So was Regis.
24. Hank Azaria.
If you don’t know who that is, don’t even talk to me.
25. And Cousin Terio with DeSean Jackson.
Obviously. (Sidenote: Terio is super shy and was visibly uncomfortable the whole time. I honestly felt bad for him.)
26. Michael Irvin was also there, looking sharp as always for the cameras.
27. Same with Deion Sanders.
28. And John Clayton, who was not so dressed up.
Also, here is proof that he does NOT have a ponytail.
29. There was even a performance at the halfway point by cast members from Motown: The Musical.
31. And let their guard down and enjoy the moment.
32. Because even though this event is for the media (and fans who have time to make it to Newark on a Tuesday)…
33. It’s an opportunity that might only come once, even for the best players.
34. Which, for them, makes dealing with even this well worth it.
- The controversial HB2 "bathroom law" in North Carolina is on the cusp of being repealed, but LGBT activists say the repeal bill still allows discrimination.
- Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner was spotted meeting with top senators on criminal justice reform.