In case you haven’t heard, JaMarcus Russell will work out for the Chicago Bears on Friday. Tim Tebow hasn’t sniffed a job since getting cut by the Jets. More NFL teams are interested in a guy who derped himself out of the league via overeating and cough syrup abuse than Tim Tebow, who ran for 5 yards a carry and threw two touchdowns in a playoff game just a year and a half ago. Let that sink in for a second.
2. More teams want this:
3. Than this:
Sure, Tebow hasn’t always been spectacular in the NFL, but he’s demonstrated that he can be an effective runner and complete basic passes. There is room for players like this (Brad Smith, Ronnie Brown) in the league. Russell hasn’t even played a down of football in the NFL since 2009. So why is JaMarcus getting the tryout over Tim? What do these scouts see in Russell that they don’t in Tebow?
5. JaMarcus Russell in 2010:
Arrested for being in possession of codeine syrup.
6. Tim Tebow in 2010:
Recorded the longest touchdown run for a quarterback in Broncos history and the longest touchdown run in NFL history for a quarterback in his first start.
7. JaMarcus Russell in 2011:
Got a haircut.
8. Tim Tebow in 2011:
Led the Broncos to an overtime victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the first round of the NFL playoffs.
9. JaMarcus Rusell in 2012:
Caught up on his Netflix queue.
10. Tim Tebow in 2012:
Showcased his mobility as a backup quarterback.
It just doesn’t make sense. It must have been the haircut.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Rep. Devin Nunes defended calling a reporter at the behest of the White House, saying it didn't compromise his committee's investigation of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲