4. Game 4 NLDS: 2-1 victory over the Pirates
After losing two straight, the Cardinals took the lead in Game 4 when Matt Holliday drilled a two-run homer to deep center in the sixth. Andrew McCutchen made climbing a ten-foot wall look extremely easy, but still couldn’t catch it.
9. Game 1 NLCS: 3-2 victory over the Dodgers (extra innings)
Game 1 went into extra innings, and just when it looked like the Dodgers had successfully pulled off the sac fly, Carlos Beltran made a perfect throw to home plate for a controversial double play to end the inning. It was magical…or total B.S., depending on what fan base you root for.
11. Game 2 NLCS: 1-0 victory over the Dodgers
Game 2 was a super-boring pitchers duel between Clayton Kershaw and Mr. Wacha Flocka Flame. But, as you can tell here, this was mostly the suns fault. Damn you, sun!
Despite only tallying two hits against Kershaw, the Cardinals were able to get on the board with a Jon Jay sacrifice fly in the fifth inning, which turned out to be the only run of the game. Wahoo! Mr. Jumping Slide!
16. Game 6 NLCS: 9-0 victory over the Dodgers
Game 6 began with an epic standoff between Dodgers outfielder Scott Van Slyke and Cardinals pitcher Joe Kelly, who decided to see who could stand on the field longer after the national anthem, because pro baseball is, after all, played mostly by men in their 20s. And even though the Dodgers won this standoff, I like to think that we’re all winners here.
19. The World Series starts tomorrow and based on what we’ve seen so far from the Cards, many more highlight GIFs are likely on their way.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎