Yesterday’s reports that American record-holder Tyson Gay and Jamaican teammates Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson had all tested positive for banned substances immediately tarnished the accomplishments of two of the top five sprinters (Gay and Powell) in the world of track and field.
But cheating scandals surrounding the world’s elite sprinters are nothing new. In fact, it seems to be the defining characteristic of the sport.
4. Here is that same list with the sprinters who, at some point tested positive for PEDs, highlighted in red:
In other words, six out of the top ten male sprinters have, in one way or another, been caught cheating. And this list doesn’t even include Canada’s Ben Johnson, who had his gold medal stripped after setting a world record time of 9.79 in the 1988 Summer Olympics.
So now the question becomes, is Bolt just that good or is he just like everyone else?
- The 36 victims in the Oakland warehouse fire were trapped with "no way out" in America's deadliest blaze in over a decade.
- President-elect Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration.
- Tennessee authorities have charged two minors with starting the massive wildfires that killed 14 people last month.
- This dad had the most adorable freak out to his family when he met his first alpaca 😂