For instance, this was just great hustle by Stephen Drew to beat Matt Moore to the bag, and solid heads-up base running by Jonny Gomes to score all the way from second.
Which led to the strangest celebration of the postseason.
And on yet another sac fly by Pedroia, the Red Sox took a two-run lead in the ninth and were able to hold on for the win.
11. Game 2 ALCS: 6-5 victory over the Tigers
After failing to score a single run in the first game, and lacking any kind of offense to start Game 2, things were not looking good for the Red Sox, as the Tigers took a 5-0 lead in the sixth. Also, that dude is a jerk.
23. The World Series starts Wednesday, and based on what we’ve seen from the Red Sox this postseason, it should be one hell of an entertaining series.
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳