Almost every sitcom and kids' show eventually includes a big-sports-moment plot or a stereotypical athletic character. Sometimes it's just for a single episode or a part of a recurring gag, while other times it's the defining characteristic of a cast member. But which made-up athlete was the best made-up athlete? Here's one set of rankings.
Steve Urkel — Family Matters
Grandma "Pookie" Gertrude — Hey Arnold!
12. Brad Taylor — Home Improvement
11. Will Smith — Fresh Prince
10. Al Bundy — Married with Children
Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in one game for Polk High in the Chicago City Championship, earning him All City honors back in '66. It was apparently such a great achievement that people still talk about it to this day and the school named the football field after him. Way to go, Al.
9. The Power Rangers — Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
8. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles — Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
7. Mark Cooper — Hangin' with Mr. Cooper
6. Chalky Studebaker — Doug
5. Vince LaSalle — Recess
4. Albert Clifford "A.C." Slater — Saved by the Bell
3. Donnie Stevens — Even Stevens
2. Oswald "Otto" Roinks — Rocket Power
Man, talk about an athlete with swag. Otto was not only the best athlete in his group of friends (which is saying a lot), but he backed up his big mouth with top performances in surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding, rollerblading, and street hockey. Plus, he was able to pull off the Super McVarial 900 (with a little help from a tennis ball). At 11 years old, he's basically the closest thing TV had to Bo Jackson. But even he can't touch the achievements of our winner...