1. The World Series Trophy visited BuzzFeed today.
2. Accompanied by Jack Morris, who has four World Series championships, five All-Star appearances, a World Series MVP title, and one impeccable mustache.
3. So we asked him about the trophy.
He said: “It’s heavy… Fingerprints are hard to get off.” Jack Morris’ thoughts on the World Series trophy are practical ones, which makes sense because he’s won four of them. (The one pictured here will be given to the winner of the 2013 series. In coming weeks T-Mobile and MLB will be bringing it to Boston, Los Angeles, and the other two cities whose teams win spots in the ALCS and NLCS.)
4. And about his time with the Blue Jays:
5. About getting nervous on the big stage during the playoffs:
The concept of being “nervous” appeared to genuinely confuse him.
6. And about the Alex Rodriguez scandal:
7. Then we learned a few things. For instance, did you know that players and coaches can purchase replicas of the trophy?
And, yes, the flags on the old trophies (like the ones Jack has) can be moved around. Sadly, the newer versions are more solid and don’t wiggle.
9. Mostly, we gawked at the trophy like little kids and were impressed by how down-to-earth and humble Jack Morris is.
Asked which World Series run was his favorite, he responded: “The Detroit win was great because that team came up through the system together, the second was the MVP year [as in the time Jack Morris pitched 10 shutout innings in Game 7 to win the World Series MVP award], and ‘92 and ‘93 were great because they were Canada’s first World Series so we had the entire country pulling for us.”