Baseball has been played for like, I don’t know, 700 years or something. And somewhere in that timeline calling a home run a “home run” simply wasn’t exciting anymore, so the players, coaches, fans, and commentators started to use nicknames instead. And now home run nicknames are as common in baseball as horse steroids. But what’s the point of having a bunch of nicknames if you don’t rank them? Exactly, there isn’t one. That’s what I’m saying.
Note: These are NOT home run calls, like “You can put it on the boooooard, YES!” Those are something completely different and they have no place on this list.
29) Long Ball
16) Roof Shot
15) Moon Shot
14) Tape Measure Shot
12) Big Fly
5) Gopher Ball
2) Grand Salami (for a grand slam, obviously)
And the winner, in an upset:
1) Oppo Taco (a home run to the opposite side of the park, used specifically by the Angels)
Think we missed one or want to plead the case for your favorite home run nickname? Let us know in the comments.
- The Trump administration has proposed "massive tax cuts" that would cut taxes across the board for people and businesses.
- Conservative Ann Coulter says she's not speaking at Berkeley after promises of protests, and it's not clear who is to blame 👉👈
- Venezuelans are trying to crowdfund money to leave the country amid food shortages and political unrest.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲