1. Cateura, Paraguay is an impoverished town that earns money by sorting garbage to sell to recycling companies.
2. The town receives about 1,500 tons of garbage every day.
3. And they use some of that garbage to make orchestra instruments for the children who live in Cateura.
4. Like this cello made from an oil can, wood scraps, parts of a pasta machine found in the garbage.
5. Here are some performances from the “Recycled Orchestra.”
Find out more about Landfill Harmonic on Facebook.
H/T NPR Music.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎