2. First, his friends called him “Gopher” because they said he had big cheeks.
3. Then they straight up changed Gopher to “Gar.”
4. Which morphed into “Garfield,” like the cartoon cat.
5. Then they shortened it to just the end part — “Field.”
6. And finally a “y” was added so that his full nickname could be “Fieldy Snuts,” because when you say it out loud it sounds like “Feel these nuts.”
- A 25-year-old has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.