1. Former Neighbours actress Margot Robbie has been cast as the wisecracking anti-hero Harley Quinn
2. In 1992 Harley Quinn was first introduced in Batman: The Animated Series as the Joker's girlfriend/gun moll
3. A former elite gymnast, she was a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum who fell in love with the Joker...
4. ....and went, well, a little NUTS
5. By playing a mass murderer and psychotic henchwoman, it seems Robbie will well and truly leave Ramsay St behind
6. Which she totally already NAILED in The Wolf Of Wall Street with Leo, tbh
7. Robbie is said to star in The Suicide Squad movie alongside Jared Leto as the Joker
8. The 2016 multi-million dollar blockbuster will be her biggest role yet
9. And it comes with a lot of pressure, given Harley Quinn is up there with Catwoman and Poison Ivy as one of the most popular female 'baddies'
10. Clerks filmmaker and Batman die hard Kevin Smith even named his daughter Harley Quinn after the character
11. Robbie isn't the first blonde bombshell to chase the role, with Kristen Bell campaigning hard for the part for YEARS
12. Supermodel Cara Delevingne also auditioned for The Suicide Squad part
13. But Robbie apparently impressed filmmakers with her comedic timing and recreation of Harley's NYC accent
14. She has big shoes to fill, with veteran actress Arleen Sorkin the first person to play Harley Quinn
15. The voice of Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls - Tara Strong - also played Harley Quinn
16. Margot Robbie will be the first Aussie to play Harley Quinn
17. Which is kinda fitting, given the last person to play the Joker on the big screen was ALSO an Aussie
18. Harley Quinn is smart, mischievous and has given Batman a run for his money more than once
19. She's a female BAMF holding her own in a male-dominated world
20. And we think Robbie is going to crush it
21. Because Harley Quinn is AWESOME
22. And so is Margot... pudding'
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!