We all have our pet peeves. Sure, the stuff that annoys us might be socially acceptable, but that doesn't mean it should be!
And the thread quickly went viral with nearly 17,000 comments! Here are some of the best responses:
1. "The paparazzi! Imagine if you couldn’t leave your house without a group of strangers surrounding and following you, photographing, recording, yelling at, and harassing you."
"I dislike how celebrities can’t take their children out without being photographed. I don’t think it’s fair to the children; they were born into it and didn’t have a choice."
2. "Corporations buying up a ton of cheap or starter homes and renting them out. We're seeing this happen in a lot more places in the USA and Canada. A lot of people who work in my city can't afford to live in it. Even to rent is horribly expensive."
"In that same vein, buying and destroying small businesses to build cheap 'luxury' apartments that then cost a crap load to rent."
5. "People sharing EVERY aspect of their life on social media."
"People that constantly post about how amazing their relationship/partner is usually have the worst relationships. I’ve yet to see one where they didn’t have a bunch of drama going on and eventually break up."
6. "Adoring dog breeds that are bred to have features like a flat face or short legs that makes their life miserable. I just get sad whenever I see them."
"We found a bulldog stray, and the poor thing has trouble breathing. We have to find out if she's fixed, but if she's not, I'm getting her spayed immediately. A lot of people say I should breed her, but fuck them. I'm not perpetuating bred birth defects that make animals suffer for our vanity."
8. "Posting pictures of people without their consent."
"This drove me nuts when Snapchat was at its peak. I would just be doing my thing at the pizza place I worked at, when one of the teens there would snap a picture of me and send it to people I don't even know. I blew up at one of the girls one day, and she couldn't even understand why it was so obnoxious."
17. And finally, "Hypersexualization of children. There is this huge push to make kids (especially girls) appear older and 'sexier.'"
"More and more content with makeup and hair tutorials geared toward pre-pubescent girls, clothing that is totally inappropriate, and advertisements putting too much makeup on girls and posing them in subtly seductive poses."
"It starts even as babies. I saw a picture with a onesie for boys saying, 'Lock up your daughters' and one for girls saying, 'Does this diaper make my butt look big?'"
What is something socially accepted that you can't stand? LMK in the comments below!
Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.