A while ago, we wrote up the moments when people realized they were falling out of love with their significant other.
But so many people offered their own experiences in the comments that we just had to share their stories too. Here's what the BuzzFeed Community had to say:
1. "My husband yelled at me for 'spending extra money' at the doctor to get a biopsy done for what the doctor thought was cancer. Didn’t care if it was cancer, was just mad about the $200. Then wondered why I didn’t want to go visit his friends that weekend."
2. "Red flags were all over the place, but my mother was so incensed that we were 'living in sin' that I went ahead and married the POS to get her off my back. It took seven months and several PIs, but we finally caught him."
"He was screwing around on me two weeks after our wedding. During that time, he also stole some of my jewelry to give to his side pieces."
3. "When I was with my ex, I had to pick him up from work one day, so I made an effort to fix my hair and makeup and put on his favorite perfume. When I arrived, he accused me of getting dolled up for someone else and aggressively insisted I cheated on him. Gross."
4. "I suffered a head injury that made it hard for me to do some basic things like bake/cook. After some time, I finally tried baking again. He saw the dirty dishes while I was in middle of cleaning up. He got angry and screamed at me about how inconsiderate I was, dirtying dishes and leaving them."
"I was making him his favorite dessert. I have never sobbed like that before. Instead of being proud of my progress, he said some of the worst things I’ve ever heard. That’s the moment I woke up. It took some time, but I left him not long after. My divorce was final earlier this month."
5. "When my husband was on baby duty (our son was 3 weeks old) and I woke up to our son screaming and crying. My husband was completely passed out due to Xanax and red wine."
"I grabbed our child away from him and started yelling about how irresponsible he was. Instead of apologizing, he flipped out on me and said I was a bad mom. In that moment, I knew I could never trust him with our child, much less any others that he insisted he wanted. Love was out of the question."
6. "When I found myself wishing he'd have an affair so I could finish things without being the bad guy."
7. "When my sister had a tragic car accident and died, I went crying to him, and he tried to seduce me. And then, I was planning my sister's funeral with my family and simultaneously watching him cheat on me in real time."
"He left his Facebook logged into my phone and was inviting his ex over because I was too busy planning the funeral. Piece of shit."
8. "Married for 32 years. Both of us were very active, and over the years, we often commented on how we could never see ourselves without the other person. At around year 20, I was diagnosed with a degenerative disease."
"I shared all the info and prognosis with him; he was supportive in many ways. Over time, I started to slow down, but the first time he saw me in a wheelchair, he just stared at me and then walked away. It was like a knife in my heart because I knew at that moment that I didn't want to be with someone who would look at me with pity/disgust or would never again see me first and not my disability."
9. "We volunteered to foster kittens. Seeing how little patience he had with those innocent little fluff-heads made me see him from a different perspective."
"I remember the exact moment: He got angry at a kitten for not wanting to play with him and how it was hiding under the couch. I kept saying to him, 'She's scared, just leave her alone. She's allowed to hide until she feels safe.' And it was like, damn...that's me. The very next day, I started planning my escape. I never left him alone with the kittens we fostered, and I gave the animal shelter a heads up so he wouldn't be on their foster list anymore. Got rid of my man but ended up adopting a kitten."
10. "When I realized all my husband is interested in is giving the bare minimum. I don't even mind if it's just for me, but we have two beautiful but very challenging special needs kids. They deserve better."
11. "I realized I was done after I was complimented by a coworker on my appearance and performance (I'm an actor). The compliment took me completely by surprise because it had been so long since I heard anything positive like that from my husband."
"How happy a simple compliment made me led me to realize what I was missing out on."
12. "After years and years of trying, I found out I was pregnant. I miscarried, and I was completely devastated. He acted like he couldn't care less."
"The absolute final straw was later that year, on what would have been our due date. He caught me crying, and when he asked what was wrong, I told him. He rolled his eyes and said, 'My god, aren't you over it by now?' Our divorce should be final by the end of next month."
13. "When he left our infant son in the car for half an hour, then lashed out at me because I was upset over it."
14. "My brother and I have a strained relationship. I expressed some things about my brother to my husband (in confidence obviously) and my husband told my brother."
"Of course, my brother reacted negatively, creating a bigger rift between us. When I confronted my husband about it, his response was that I was in the wrong, and I should take accountability for what I said to him about my brother. Our divorce should be final next month."
15. "As soon as I started seeing signs of aggression. One time, he threw a bowl of salsa across the room because he bit his tongue. It was excessive and unnecessary."
16. "I asked him to consider my point of view about something and look at it from my perspective. His response? 'I don’t care about your perspective.'"
17. "I had put up with emotional abuse and controlling behavior from my husband for years. But when he called me while visiting his family in another state to say that his ex-girlfriend just 'happened' to be there for the weekend, but 'nothing happened,' I finally woke up and had enough."
"I packed my bags and was gone before he arrived home. And filed for divorce the next business day."
18. And finally, "He walked out on me two months after I was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer. When he finally called me, he had driven halfway across the country and wasn't sure when or if he would be back."
"He knows that I have no family to support me. Nine years together with almost no fighting, and our marriage was over. Since then, he doesn't answer my phone calls and barely responds to important texts, unless it is to inquire about our divorce papers. I'm not sure if I've fallen out of love with him or if I'm just telling myself that so I don't break into a million pieces."
Do you remember the moment you fell out of love with your significant other? Share your experience in the comments below.
Responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.