14 Reasons Why "Harry Potter" Will Always Be Superior To "Twilight"
Harry > Bella. I said what I said.
Hi there! Huge Potterhead here. Let me start out by saying I have nothing against Twilight. I even had a cardboard cutout of Edward Cullen in my room in middle school, but we don't need to dwell on that.
Now, I believe there's more than enough room in our hearts for us to love both Harry Potter and Twilight. But I CANNOT STAND when someone tries to tell me that the Twilight saga is the better series. So let's settle this once and for all by taking a look at all the reasons why Harry Potter is superior:
1. The friendships are SO MUCH stronger.
2. The world-building is freaking incredible.
3. The villains are super complex and three-dimensional.
4. Harry is a wayyyy better role model than Bella.
5. The main characters have distinct, lovable personalities.
6. Harry understands that sacrifices need to be made to triumph over evil.
7. There are so many inspiring heroines! You can take your pick.
8. The characters are nuanced just like people are in real life.
9. There are so many captivating magical creatures.
10. The supporting characters have fascinating backstories.
11. The plot twists are wild and unpredictable.
12. The character development makes me so damn proud.
13. Relationships are built on connection and not just looks.
14. And finally, it's just better written.
Why do you think the Harry Potter series is better than the Twilight saga? Let me know in the comments below!
Editor's Note: BuzzFeed does not support discriminatory or hateful speech in any form. We stand by the LGBTQ+ community and all fans who found a home in the Harry Potter series and will work to provide a safe space for fans. If you, like us, feel impassioned about trans rights, learn more or donate here.