As a woman, I know all too well that many men out there believe some ridiculous shit about us ladies.
And there were so many excellent (but infuriating) responses! Here are some of the top-voted answers:
1. "That we 'get loose' when we have multiple partners. I think it’s ridiculous that the majority of the guys I’ve met who say this don’t also think that those same women 'get loose' when they’ve been with one man for several years."
"I always explain to people that vaginas are designed to push out a bowling ball and go back to their normal size....Your penis isn’t gonna do much to that."
3. "That when we say that we are not interested in someone, we actually want them to try to persuade us 10–20 times more."
5. "That we need children to have a fulfilling life."
"Or that all women have this super-strong maternal urge or want to care for babies or develop that maternal urge as soon as they have kids. I’ve known a surprising number of moms who said they don’t like kids, and although they love their own children, they didn’t ever feel that super-strong maternal bond with them."
"I'm 30, and I've never even held a baby. I don't think I ever want to, either."
7. "That we're all good at multitasking. Bro, I can barely do one thing at a time."
9. "That we are a mystery. I am sick of telling people exactly what I want and hearing, 'Well, yeah, but what do you really want?' I am not lying or playing games. You know what women want? To be treated like human beings, with respect, like anyone else!"
"Yes! I think a lot of men see us as a mystery primarily because we're not saying what they want us to."
10. "That lesbians 'just haven’t had the right dick yet.' Sirs, I regret to inform you: There is no magic penis out there that will change our sexuality. I know you love the little fellas and think they’re magical, but for us lesbians? I swear to you, they are not, nor will they ever be, magic."
"In the wise words of Mike Wazowski: 'Put that thing back where it came from or so help me.'"
13. "That 'girls are more mature.' No, girls are just punished much more severely than boys for behavior that all children exhibit. Boys only seem less mature because we do not demand maturity from them at a young age the way we do from girls."
"Girls are forced to suppress being human, and boys are forced to suppress emotions other than anger. It's a recipe for broken adults."
16. "That women who are attracted to men love muscles. That's true for some women, to an extent, but I know very few women who are attracted to bodybuilders."
"A lot of the young women I know prefer a softer physique. Several of us are actually attracted to men with belly fat."
What are some common misconceptions you've heard about women? LMK in the comments below!
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.