1. Lucy Scott is a Scottish illustrator and mom with a wry sense of humor about the realities of parenthood.
2. In her new book, Doodle Diary of a New Mom, Scott captures every glorious moment of spit-up and sore nipples with unapologetic three-color illustrations.
3. Like how parenthood totally doesn’t change you at all.
You were always a zombie.
4. Or how it’s really super easy to get out the door.
5. …and of course, the adventures you face when you actually make it out the door.
6. Scott captures your first date night post-baby, just as you remember it.
7. Along with the sweat and tears of long car rides.
You’re in this together, you and that baby.
8. And also, that first epic, burned-into-your-memory-forever poo.
9. Then there are the joys of breast-feeding. And sleep training. And sleep feeding.
So. much. joy.
10. And the Edinburgh resident never, ever shies away from the moments when shit gets really real.
12. For more of Lucy Scott’s hilarious illustrations, check out Doodle Diary of a New Mom.
13. And welcome to parenthood.
BuzzFeed Life has reached out to Lucy Scott for comment on her awesome illustrations.
- Sean Spicer said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉