1. Beau Coffron is a San Francisco father of two with a full-time job and a knack for making some of the coolest themed bento lunches the internet has ever seen.
2. Seriously, look at these.
6. The Bay Area dad told BuzzFeed Life that he has no art background whatsoever — he was inspired to start making the lunches as a way to show his daughter he was thinking about her when she started kindergarten two years ago.
“I saw some online moms making fun lunches and thought, ‘Why can’t I do that?’” Coffron shared. “But I can barely draw a stick figure!”
9. The working dad didn’t let his lack of experience stop him. He now makes the intricate lunches for both of his kids every Sunday night.
“I want it to be a special thing for my kids and not have them expect it” Coffron explained to BuzzFeed Life. “If I made them every day I think it would get old. Plus, I just don’t have the time or energy to do it every day!”
13. Says Coffron: “All the lunches have been inspired by what my kids are watching and reading. When they get really interested in a topic, I design a lunch around it. It has helped me to really pay attention to what they’re into.”
16. As for the time commitment, Beau says he knows complex lunch art isn’t for everyone, but he thinks it’s worth the investment.
“I figure you have to make your child a lunch anyway — why not spend 20 minutes or so more and make it a fun memory? Some people set aside extra time to go to the gym, watch TV, look over Pinterest, or troll on Facebook. I choose to use the time this way.”
20. Want to make lunches like these for your kiddos? Beau shares how-to’s for each lunch he makes on his blog, Lunchbox Dad.
- And we asked tourists and locals in Nice, France, what the burkini ban means to them.