It’s at this point that it first occurs to you that Calliou is no longer a part of your morning soundtrack, and that someone else is now responsible for entertaining your child and feeding their brain all day. Clouds part! Angels sing.
9. You are the one who is NOT supposed to cry.
A key element of sending your kiddo off to school is actually bringing them there. If they take your kiddo from you in the carpool line, it’s totally normal if they’re screaming after you as you go, but try not to scream back.
11. You’ve been had. By a 5-year-old.
Inevitably your soon-to-be-kindergartener will turn to you, big old baby eyes staring back at you and they’ll tell you they don’t want to go to school, they just want to stay with you. Stand strong, comrade. Manipulating your parents is a basic human instinct, and the force is strong.
15. You’ve totally got this.
Your kid comes home from their first day brimming with stories and excitement. You made this genius. You officially get to claim all their triumphs as your own. Congratulations Mom & Dad! (Resulting therapy bills are future you’s problem.)
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲