2. The movement has largely been inspired by the passing of Oren Miller, the father and blogger behind bloggerfather.com.
Miller was a giant in the online parenting community who had long questioned Amazon.com’s branding of their family rewards program as “Amazon Mom” in the US, and was championing for a change.
“Please sign that petition. Please. It’s not about a name and it’s not about me personally being offended and it’s not about stupid emails about yoga classes. It’s about a company that looks at the US, then looks at England, and then decides that over there, parent equals mom or dad, while here, well, we’re not ready for that yet.” - Oren Miller
5. After his death, the community Miller touched so deeply rallied, taking up the #AmazonFamilyUS torch as their own.
10. Doug French, founder of the Dad 2.0 Summit, an annual meeting of dads and marketers, spoke to BuzzFeed Life about the #AmazonFamilyUS movement:
“Amazon is a smart, powerful, and progressive company with as recognizable a global brand as there is. Bringing ‘Amazon Family’ in line with its branding all over the rest of the world would be a strong show of support for dads in the US.”
11. So far the #AmazonFamilyUS petition has over 3000 signatures.
12. BuzzFeed Life has reached out to Amazon Mom for comment.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏