1. Add an easy smoky eye to your arsenal.
PB and J Apparel has this great step-by-step for a simple smoked-eyeshadow look.
2. Use white eyeliner to make your peepers appear larger.
This one from Sephora is a great go to. Just use it to line your inner bottom lid and watch those peepers pop.
6. Learn the difference between all those eye pencils and discover yours.
Gel, liquid, pencil, shadow? There are endless options to line your eyes. Our favorite and most foolproof method is Benefit’s “Yes They’re Real” pushup liner.
10. The secret to a great self tan is an applicator mitt.
11. A word to the wise, though…don’t self-tan your face.
That’s what bronzer is for. This tutorial shows you how to get the most out of yours.
13. Find your eye shape.
Different types of eyes require different type of eye makeup. Discover your eye shape and enter a whole new world of beauty. This amazing infographic will help you on your way.
15. Primer? BB? CC? What does it all mean?
Moisturizing before makeup is a given; it smooths your skin for a better canvas. But there’s more. BB cream (aka Beauty Balms or Blemish Balms) will add a layer of sheer coverage and additional moisture to your skin, while primer will brighten your colors, extending the life of your makeup on your face and in the tube. (CC creams, if you’re wondering, are similar to BB creams, but include color-correcting pigments.)
17. Layer for longevity.
The same concept that gets your lipstick to stay put can be applied elsewhere. Layer different types of blush for an all-day glow. Put a cream blush on over your foundation, set it with translucent powder, and then lightly dust powder blush over top.
20. Lip liner isn’t just for the ’90s hardcore set.
A subtle shade can add staying power to your lip color of choice or give a well-defined polished look to a neutral gloss with just a tiny bit of of blending.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀