3. Pussy Riot
The Russian punk band had three of its members famously arrested for “hooliganism” on the steps of a Moscow Cathedral where they filmed an anti-Putin music video called “Punk Prayer - Mother of God, Chase Putin Away”. For the cost of a $12 knit cap (or cheaper if you thrift it) you can mimic their signature look.
4. Beyonce’s Unforgettable Silhouette
Dress her in a black morph suit ($29.99) and print the word “feminist” on a black cloak ($16.99) she can whip open at a moment’s notice, heralding a new generation of feminists to action. We printed the letters on white paper, cut them out, and attached them to the cape with scrapbooking tape.
5. Amelia Earhart
Before disappearing over the Pacific Ocean during her attempt to circumnavigate the globe, Earhart was an air travel pioneer, setting records on a regular basis.
6. Princess Leia
Darth’s daughter is gearing up to be a hero to a whole new generation of girls in Star Wars Episode 7. Has your daughter brushed up on the classics?
8. Daenerys Targaryen
The fearless leader and “Mother of Dragons” gets bonus points for pop culture hipness.
9. Maya Angelou
The powerful poet, dancer, actress, singer, author, and all around tour de force taught us why the caged bird sings.
10. Elizabeth Cady Stanton
One of the foremothers of the women’s suffrage movement, Elizabeth Cady Stanton advocated for reproductive rights in a time when women weren’t able to vote.
12. Sonia Sotomayor
Sotomayor took the legal world by storm to become one of the youngest judges on the US Supreme Court.
The most powerful woman in ancient Egypt also had something of a stranglehold on ancient Rome.
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤
- A Pro-Trump site is showing that with a big Facebook page and catchy headlines, you can have almost zero content and still make money.
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Tim Hortons, Canada's biggest coffee chain, is opening its first UK store next month ahead of a rollout across the country 🍩