9 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Katy Perry Until Now
"I used to over-sexualize myself because that was the only way I knew how."
Out of all the celebrities that have popped up in entertainment headlines, the one you've probably seen the most of lately is Katy Perry.
And now she's about to generate some more with this new New York Times interview. Here all the interesting things we learned:
1. Katy threw back a few drinks and held hands with Lady Gaga to soften the blow after Hillary Clinton lost the election.
2. But she hasn't had a drink since January 15.
3. She believes there's a "strange race to be the most woke."
4. She felt like hypersexualizing her image was the only option early on in her career.
5. Daddy issues and Donald Trump led to her changing her perspective on her sexuality.
6. When she needs a friend to talk to about public image, Sia is her person. Sia wrote this about Katy:
I think she’s presently challenging old held beliefs about herself and that even in this day and age, cutting all your hair off and having an opinion is NOT WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT. They would prefer you to make cute pop and to stay in your lane. I hide behind my wig, while she is out there taking bullets for the rest of us ... The less brave ... you know?