1. Casual things like this go on in the office:
2. And this:
3. I was a PAID INTERN in 2016 AMERICA
4. The "Kim Kardashian" Couch:
5. Lunch and Learns with BuzzFeed's biggest and brightest every week
6. Food is catered twice a week...for the whole office
7. AND THEY CHANGE UP THE MENU EVERY WEEK AND ACCOMMODATE VEGANS, VEGETARIANS, AND PEOPLE WHO EAT GLUTEN FREE
8. There are Slack channels for pretty much everything and everyone #hamilton #boba #nyc-leftovers
9. Bagels, every Friday
10. Music Breaks + Breakfast at Buzzfeed
11. I had the coolest bosses ever
12. The BuzzFeed office is lofty and spacious
13. Tasty leftovers
14. The office is always kept cool...
15. The Other Interns
16. You never know who may stop by the office
18. The facilities team gets around on hoverboards
19. There is always time to store snacks before a meeting
20. FROYO is available at all hours
IN SUMMARY: Other interns aren't taking leaving a summer at BuzzFeed well EITHER
It's basically TRAUMATIC
On a final note:
I will miss the lunches, the high-tech coffee machine with a million different options, the networking and fortuity to meet people from all over the industry, the striking view of New York City from my window, (I could continue to ramble on...) - but really - I will miss my team, the exquisite, brilliant people this company has brought together, and the freedom working at BuzzFeed has given me to be a more connected, relatable, and knowledgeable human being.
Thank you for the summer of a lifetime, BuzzFeed -- for teaching me more about what I want to do, the kind of company I want to belong to, and the kind of people I want to be around while at work. I've appreciated walking into this office every single day.