1. Casual things like this go on in the office:
Shoutout to Casey, a fellow intern, for being the final pump in the talcum powder ballon video!
2. And this:
#TB to gym class in the 1st grade.
3. I was a PAID INTERN in 2016 AMERICA
And I never once got coffee.
Let this one sink in for a second.
4. The “Kim Kardashian” Couch:
Worth nearly as much as a semester of college tuition.
5. Lunch and Learns with BuzzFeed’s biggest and brightest every week
*tries to listen and learn whilst eating*
*is casually sitting next to Jonah Peretti*
*bites into chip loudly and causes an earthquake in Japan*
6. Food is catered twice a week…for the whole office
I get teary eyed when I think about this type of generosity.
7. AND THEY CHANGE UP THE MENU EVERY WEEK AND ACCOMMODATE VEGANS, VEGETARIANS, AND PEOPLE WHO EAT GLUTEN FREE
Be more damn considerate BuzzFeed, I dare you.
8. There are Slack channels for pretty much everything and everyone #hamilton #boba #nyc-leftovers
“There’s a group for that?”
9. Bagels, every Friday
What did I do to deserve these assorted bagels AND spreads WEEKLY?
10. Music Breaks + Breakfast at Buzzfeed
JoJo, 98 Degrees, Stephen Colbert, Gayle King…
LIVE entertainment and interviews in the office on any given day of the week.
H O W
11. I had the coolest bosses ever
They don’t have the easiest of jobs, but they do it with grace and incredibly well.
I will miss working with them. :’(
12. The BuzzFeed office is lofty and spacious
Step aside Google.
13. Tasty leftovers
Note: obtaining these leftovers is oddly similar to the Hunger Games = may the odds be ever in your favor.
14. The office is always kept cool…
And by cool I mean I’m pretty sure I just lost feeling in my other hand.
15. The Other Interns
Bright, talented, inquisitive, open-minded — I was brought together with an amazing group of interns this summer.
16. You never know who may stop by the office
I wasn’t here for this and I’m 100% positive it really may be better this way.
BuzzFeed Live is always casting people in the office to do random, hilarious things.
WHY of course I would like to see who could put on and take off twenty shirts first!1!!! #BuzzFeedOlympics
18. The facilities team gets around on hoverboards
It’s a form of wizardry.
19. There is always time to store snacks before a meeting
BuzzFeed AKA snack central.
20. FROYO is available at all hours
Flavors change every few weeks — BuzzFeed again giving us OPTIONS.
And…yes, those are fully functional soda machines behind Alex.
IN SUMMARY: Other interns aren’t taking leaving a summer at BuzzFeed well EITHER
It’s basically TRAUMATIC
On a final note:
I will miss the lunches, the high-tech coffee machine with a million different options, the networking and fortuity to meet people from all over the industry, the striking view of New York City from my window, (I could continue to ramble on…) - but really - I will miss my team, the exquisite, brilliant people this company has brought together, and the freedom working at BuzzFeed has given me to be a more connected, relatable, and knowledgeable human being.
Thank you for the summer of a lifetime, BuzzFeed — for teaching me more about what I want to do, the kind of company I want to belong to, and the kind of people I want to be around while at work. I’ve appreciated walking into this office every single day.
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.