3. Young Thug was raised in Atlanta’s Jonesboro South housing projects.
He says he learned to play with language from all the people on nearby Cleveland Avenue, and from having “dated girls from different species.”
5. In 2013, he released a great tape on Gucci Mane’s record label, called 1017 Thug.
“Thug is one of the most talented rappers I ever met,” Gucci said in June. “I chased down that boy down and told him like, You’re one of the most talented people I’ve ever worked with.”
6. He can mimic pretty much any voice. Sometimes, on his own songs, he sounds like he’s a couple different people.
Gucci Mane explains: “He’s got a distinctive way of how he changes his voice up. You can hear a verse and then the chorus and you’ll think it’s two different artists, but it’ll be Thug on the same song. He’ll feature on somebody else’s song and do a hook, and it’ll sound like he’s a Jamaican. He’ll do another song and he’ll flip the whole style again and go fast.”
8. He raps giddily over a weird lounge beat on “YRN,” a collaboration with buzzing Atlanta trio Migos.
Find that, along with dizzying Thug solo track “Danny Glover” on the compilation tape Lobby Runners, released on Christmas.
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100 million every day 🍎📉
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭