1. People think it's PK to be informal and say "hey, girl" even though you're over 18.
2. When you are eating "Mexican" food at your work's cafeteria, people come up to you and say, "Ooh, that looks amazing!"
3. You speak Spanish once and everyone thinks you're Mexican.
4. Kissing on the cheek can be so automatic, sometimes you have to catch yourself.
5. You get the "no, where are you really from?" question
6. People have said you look like whichever Latino/Latina celeb they know.
7. When you say your goal is to be a boss or elected official, people smile in a patronizing way.
8. Some have said, "Oh, you're from Peru? We had a nanny from there!"
9. If you're not the physical stereotype of what people think Latin@s looks like, they can't believe you identify as Latin@.
10. You thought one of your friends was cool but then they say something offensive.
11. You feel that you have to work harder than others to prove yourself.
12. Someone else takes credit for your work or idea.
13. You have to build your own professional network even though the privileged new hire is given a network because his dad is COO.
14. Co-workers don't understand why you need to take Christmas Eve off.
15. You know that la lucha sigue, the struggle continues.
16. Despite all this, you're the most awesome person at work because you've accomplished so much even though you started at an unlevel playing field.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!