8. Some have said, “Oh, you’re from Peru? We had a nanny from there!”
Being a nanny is an admirable profession that requires hard work, but I hope the next time you meet someone who has my current profession you’ll also say, “Oh, we had a lawyer who is Peruvian!”
9. If you’re not the physical stereotype of what people think Latin@s looks like, they can’t believe you identify as Latin@.
So many Latin American countries have rich histories due to migration from China, Japan, Lebanon, South Korea, Italy, Hungary, Mozambique, Angola, Congo, etc.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of conning Hillary Clinton in a Twitter rant Friday morning.
- World leaders hailed the legacy of former Israeli statesman Shimon Peres at his state funeral in Jerusalem.
- Anti-mafia police in Naples have recovered two Vincent van Gogh paintings that were stolen in Amsterdam 14 years ago.