1. Every jail sentence can be overturned with $50.
2. Water on the knee is literally a $150 operation.
3. Bricks almost always have coins in them.
4. You can get unlimited cash if you know the secret words.
5. In life, teachers make a starting salary of $90,000.
6. You have to buy vowels.
7. You can retire on rare trading cards and collectible plush toys.
8. Stores will accept gold and emeralds in lieu of cash.
9. There’s a ridiculous amount of money just lying on the ground everywhere.
10. Arcade tickets have real value.
Some ideas are as phony as a three-dollar bill. Learn how you can help your children grow up with good, honest money values with Beth Kobliner’s new book Make Your Kid a Money Genius (Even If You’re Not).
All illustrations by Kirun Kunju / © BuzzFeed 2017