1. Gaby Hoffmann (Young Samantha Albertson)
After seeming to play every little girl in every movie in the late ’80s and early ’90s Hoffmann eased into her teens on screen by playing Samantha. Since then she’s added plenty of indie films and TV guest spots to her resume, appearing in Louie earlier this year.
2. Thora Birch (Young Tina “Teeny” Tercell)
Though at this point she would have to win an Oscar to not be referenced as the little girl from Hocus Pocus, Thora Birch has acted steadily since playing Teeny, earning a Golden Globe and Emmy nomination. Her last film was the Lifetime movie The Pregnancy Pact.
3. Christina Ricci (Young Roberta Martin)
In the seventeen years since Ricci played tough girl Roberta she’s been nominated for a Golden Globe as well as an Emmy and has acted in over thirty films, most recently playing one of Robert Pattinson many girlfriends in Bel Ami.
5. Demi Moore (Adult Samantha Albertson)
Demi Moore played an older Samantha in 1995, five years before she divorced Bruce Willis, ten years before she married Ashton Kutcher, and seventeen years before she and Ashton split. She’s had a rough year that included a stint in rehab, but she’s still working and will star in Very Good Girls with Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen next year.
6. Melanie Griffith (Adult Tina “Teeny” Tercell)
Griffith had a successful career and complicated personal life after Now and Then. She was nominated for an Emmy and a Golden Globe in 1998 for her role in RKO 281, but went into rehab in 2000 and 2009 for drug addiction. Her next project is a Lifetime move titled American Housewife.
7. Rosie O’Donnel (Adult Roberta Martin)
After playing adult Roberta O’Donnell continued to act in movies like Harriet the Spy, but focused on her talk show, which ran from 1996-2000. In 2011 she got a second talk show on the OWN network, but it was canceled in March.
9. Devon Sawa (Scott Wormer)
Sawa played Scott Warner, Roberta’s tormentor turned make-out buddy (this was his second on screen kiss with Cristina Ricci that year, he also played the human version of Casper). He went on to roles in movies like Final Destination and Night of the Twisters and now is a cast member on Nikita.
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲