1. You partner with local non-profit organizations.
2. You teach students and community members sustainable habits.
3. You proactively combat the inevitable effects of Climate Change.
4. Community Gardens raise property values for the properties near the garden.
5. By participating in a community gardens, you reduce barriers to healthy food and help relieve food deserts.
6. You help bring communities together.
7. You will receive a personalized plaque on UTC’s new learning pavilion.
The inspiration for this listicle is the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s Teaching and Learning Garden. The TLG, as we call it, is in its first year of production. During this time, it has been successful in providing food for the community kitchen while simultaneously providing a place for students to further their education. University executives have shown a lack of interest in funding the garden. Please consider giving to this worthy cause by following the GoFundMe link.