5. The Magnificent 7 now:
(minus Dominique Dawes)
7. Amy Chow then: 18-years-old
Amy was the first Asian-American woman to win a medal in Olympic gymnastics.
8. Amy Chow now: 34-years-old
Amy was one of only two gymnasts (Dominique Dawes was the other) from the 1996 team to qualify for the 2000 games. The US came in 4th in those games, but in 2010 was awarded the bronze medal after it was discovered the Chinese had lied about one of their gymnast’s age.
Amy graduated from Stanford in 2002, and Stanford medical school im 2007.
She currently has her own medical practice as a pediatrician in Northern California.
9. Amanda Borden then:
She was the captain of the team.
Just chillin’ with Venus Williams and Michelle Obama.
17. Shannon Miller now: 35-years-old
In 2011, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
She currently resides in Jacksonville, Florida where she runs her own company, the Shannon Miller Lifestyle: Health and Fitness for Women.
22. Dominique Moceanu now: 30-years-old
In 1998, Dominique filed for emancipation from her parents in order to take control of the money she made from being a gymnast. She said her parents were also controlling and physically abusive.
Dominique graduated in May 2009 with a business management degree from John Carroll University in Ohio.
She has written 4 children’s books, all of which were released this year.
Earlier this year, Dominique revealed that she had a younger sister that was given up for adoption because she had no legs. Her father wanted an Olympic gymnast.
24. Jaycie Phillips then: 17-years-old
25. Jaycie Phelps now: 32-years-old
Jaycie runs her own gym in Indiana called the Jaycie Phelps Athletic Center.
26. Keri Strug then: 19-years-old
Kerri is best known for completing her vault after injuring her ankle securing the gold medal for the US.
27. Kerri Strug now: 34-years-old
Kerri and her 3-month-old son Tyler Fischer live in Tucson, Arizona. Now 34, married, and with a newborn son, Strug says that sixteen years after she aggravated an injury to win a team gold for the United States, there are things more important than medals.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋