1. On the night of June 24, people celebrated the passage of gay marriage at the historic Stonewall Inn in New York City.
2. The bill passed in the Republican-controlled Senate on a 33-29 vote. New York became the sixth state and largest state to legalize gay marriage.
FYI, this is Governor Cuomo. If you didn’t already know, he basically made all of this happen.
3. Between June 24 and July 24 (the day the law became legal), marriage licenses had to be changed.
5. And at midnight on July 24, these two ladies became the first same-sex couple married in New York State.
At Niagara Falls.
7. Later that morning, couples started arriving at their respective City Halls.
8. They waited.
9. Some dudes wore kilts.
10. This couple couldn’t stop smiling.
12. These guys couldn’t either.
13. Let’s just say people were pretty happy.
14. They stood at altars.
17. Tears were shed.
18. Rings were exchanged.
21. “I Dos” were said.
22. AND LOTS OF KISSIN’ WENT DOWN
28. They held up their marriage licenses.
30. Jumped for joy.
31. Raised their hands together.
32. While others simply held hands.
33. MEANWHILE, haters held signs.
35. And screamed at the sky.
DAMN YOU, SKY!