1. 9:55 AM: Arrive at the Pizza Expo.
2. 10 AM: Enter the Pizza Expo.
3. 10:03 AM: Look for pizza.
4. 10:07 AM: Find pizza.
5. 10:10 AM: Eat pizza and drink coffee.
6. 10:15 AM: Have some gluten free pizza.
7. 10:14 AM: More pizza.
8. 10:30 AM: Eat bacon.
9. 10:35 AM: Grab something to drink.
10. 10:35 AM: Learn about sodium reduction technology.
11. 11 AM: Watch some video from the ’90s about making a pizza crisp.
12. 11:15 AM: Check out the pizzeria map, see where other people at the expo have pizza shops.
13. 11:30: Check out a seminar on making your own mozzarella cheese.
14. 12 PM: Go to the World Pizza Games stage.
15. 12:03 PM: Be amazed by pizza stretching. Get hungry.
16. 12:30 PM: Go to the Stanislaus food products tent for something to eat.
17. 12:35 PM: Eat a plate of tortellini.
18. 12:45 PM: Realize I want more pizza. Go to the pizza judging stage for REALLY good pizza.
19. 12:55 PM Watch some judges eat pizza.
The best pizza making competitions are broken up into regions (Northeast, Midwest, international, southern, etc.) and pizza types (traditional, non traditional, Italian).
20. 1 PM: Eat pizza.
The competitors make 2 pizzas, one for he judges and one for the audience.
21. 1:20 PM: Watch the competitors make pizza.
22. 1:45 PM: Admire some more bacon.
23. 2 PM: Eat cheese.
24. 2:05 PM: Eat more cheese.
25. 2:07 PM: Decide to have some mozzarella.
26. 2:15 PM: Find an espresso machine, get a much-needed shot.
27. 2:20 PM: Eat some cake with the espresso.
28. 2:30 PM: Sit in a massage chair, try to get out of a food coma.
29. 2:35 PM: Admire this photo.
30. 2:40 PM: Eat ravioli.
31. 2:37 PM: Walk by the pizza stretching competition. Get hungry.
32. 2:40 PM: Eat more pizza.
33. 2:45 PM: Think about eating this.
34. 2:46 PM: Decide to eat more pizza instead.
35. 2:50 PM: Hear a bunch of Italians getting rowdy, find out it’s because they’re watching a soccer game.
36. 2:55 PM: Watch some more pizzas being made. Get hungry.
37. 2:56 PM: Eat more pizza.
38. 3 PM: Learn about pizza cones.
39. 3:05 PM: Some guy tempts me with a piece of pizza. Get hungry.
40. 3:07 PM: Eat more pizza.
41. 3:15 PM: Eat a canoli.
42. 3:20 PM: Admire the amount of bacon on this pizza. Get hungry.
43. 3:25 PM: Go to the pizza judging area. Eat some pizza with corn on it.
44. 3:27 PM: Eat some pizza with limes on it.
45. 3:40 PM: Eat a meatball.
46. 3:45 PM: Spin the pizza wheel.
47. 3:46 PM: Win a prize.
48. 4:00 PM: The lights begin to dim in the convention center.
49. 4:30 PM: Go to the Beer & Bull idea exchange.
50. 4:40 PM: Get a cup of beer.
You can get as much beer as you want. It’s FREE.
51. 5 PM: Listen to pizza shop owners exchange pizza wisdom.
52. 6 PM: Toast to pizzerias everywhere!
Note: All of the pizza and food consumed on this day is not pictured. I had 27 slices.
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know🇺🇸