1. This is Daniel Thomas. He’s a semi-professional midfielder with Port Talbot FC.
Apparently he was arrested. The police have released the following statement about the incident:
In a statement, police said they had “arrested a 28-year-old man from the Port Talbot area in connection with offensive comments made on the social networking site Twitter”.
Daniel Thomas’ football team said:
Upon being informed of the matter, we immediately distanced ourselves from any offensive messages whilst investigating the matter further. Having spoken at length to the player in question, we believe that he regrettably left his phone unattended and was the victim of a very misguided ‘prank’.
7. Either way, it’s fucked up.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.