1. This is Daniel Thomas. He’s a semi-professional midfielder with Port Talbot FC.
Apparently he was arrested. The police have released the following statement about the incident:
In a statement, police said they had “arrested a 28-year-old man from the Port Talbot area in connection with offensive comments made on the social networking site Twitter”.
Daniel Thomas’ football team said:
Upon being informed of the matter, we immediately distanced ourselves from any offensive messages whilst investigating the matter further. Having spoken at length to the player in question, we believe that he regrettably left his phone unattended and was the victim of a very misguided ‘prank’.
7. Either way, it’s fucked up.
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend. But victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔