1. This is Daniel Thomas. He’s a semi-professional midfielder with Port Talbot FC.
Apparently he was arrested. The police have released the following statement about the incident:
In a statement, police said they had “arrested a 28-year-old man from the Port Talbot area in connection with offensive comments made on the social networking site Twitter”.
Daniel Thomas’ football team said:
Upon being informed of the matter, we immediately distanced ourselves from any offensive messages whilst investigating the matter further. Having spoken at length to the player in question, we believe that he regrettably left his phone unattended and was the victim of a very misguided ‘prank’.
7. Either way, it’s fucked up.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 24. Officials still need to search 80% of the building.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂