13. The Great September Gale Of 1815 (the word hurricane wasn’t used back then) was the first major hurricane to impact New England in 180 years. The storm was so powerful that it rained salt water.
I realize this isn’t in New York City, but it’s still an interesting fact nonetheless.
Update: This post has been updated to meet our attribution standards.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭