1. Ladies and gentleman, THE ROCK. This is not a fake picture. There is no Photoshop. This is real life.
2. LOOK AT HIS FACE.
3. A budding young star, Britney Spears, literally radiated down the red carpet. Later in the night, she would make history.
4. Wow. What a flawless future goddess!
5. She took her family! What a generous queen!
6. Outfit of the night went to J.C. Chasez, though. I mean. Come on.
7. Mr. Desert Rose himself, Sting, was there!
8. This was the year Christina Aguilera showed off part of her thong in a (comedic) attempt to upstage Britney.
9. Cutest couple of the night: J.Lo and Puff Daddy. Aw! Lol.
10. Moby thought he was cool because he brought his bumper stickers. How political.
His friend’s reaction:
11. Take a moment to admire the million things going on with Pink’s outfit.
12. Tara Reid and Carson Daly were dating. Funny.
13. “HAAAAY LOOK AT THIS CRAZY-ASS THING I’M WEARING,” said Lil Kim.
14. Four out of five guys from O-Town got their ears pierced for the occasion.
15. Nick Lachey traded his frosted tips for bangs.
16. Tina Knowles made Destiny’s Child wear this.
“Fuck the haters. My designs are perfect,” said Tina Knowles from behind.
17. Tina, again, watching like a hawk.
“MY DESIGNS ARE FLAWLESS!!!”
18. Lenny Kravitz was forced to take this picture with Susan Sarandon’s family.
19. 2gether was there! RIP QT.
20. Julia Stiles dressed for prom.
21. Remember this guy? Remember Napster?
22. The Wayans brothers hosted.
23. Oh my God! It’s Montel!
24. Bono! Leather pants! Sunglasses inside!
25. Sisqo wore patches of grey leather. He also carried a towel.
26. RICHARD FUCKING HATCH, PEOPLE.
THE WINNER OF SURVIVOR.
That’s enough preshow. Now let’s talk about the show.
27. The show began with Janet Jackson singing “Doesn’t Really Matter.”
28. Blink-182 brought out a bunch of little people. So edgy.
29. Christina Aguilera and Fred Durst performed. Also edgy.
30. Blink-182 won Best Group video for “All The Small Things.”
31. The legendary and angelic Aaliyah won Best Female and accepted the award with her brother.
She had just flown 22 hours from Australia where she was filming Queen Of The Damned.
32. Eminem and Dr. Dre and an Aquafina bottle posed for a quick pic.
33. Macy Gray and LL Cool J presented an award. Macy wore an outfit made entirely out of various types of velvet.
34. Jim Carrey did something. He wore sunglasses with oval frames.
35. ‘N Sync won Best Pop Video for “Bye Bye Bye.” Justin Timberlake wore a ribbed turtleneck.
Totally not turtleneck weather.
36. This was the year that Eminem made a hundred dudes bleach their heads. Those poor guys.
37. And then Britney Jean Spears made history with her showstopping spectacle.
38. “OOPS!… SHE STOLE THE SHOW AGAIN,” said everyone.
39. Literally being taken over by the holy Spearit.
40. DIVINE INTERVENTION.
41. And a goddess was born.
42. Then this happened. Lol.
43. Jimmy Fallon performed.
44. Nelly sang “Country Grammar.”
45. Then Britney totally upstaged Christina Aguilera. Again.
46. Britney let Christina talk because she felt bad and is a nice person.
47. Then Whitney Houston (may she rest in peace) gave out the Video Of The Year award with Bobby Brown. Eminem won for “Real Slim Shady.”
48. The show ended and Limp Bizkit went to the press room and pretended to fall over or something.
49. Beyoncé and Kelly wouldn’t let Michelle touch their award.
50. Lance was drunk. Justin had a moose knuckle.
51. Macy Gray won for Best New Artist. Sisqo was robbed.
52. Literally free of all flaws. RIP.
53. Eminem was super high.
54. And one more shot of the dazzling, J.C. Chasez.
NEVER FORGET. SO ICONIC.
- Sean Spicer today said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, a pledge that came after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales continue to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉