Background: France approved a draft law to allow same-sex marriage, saying it meant progress for the whole society. The law would also grant gay couples the right to adopt children, but not to use assisted procreation methods such as artificial inseminati
1. The law was said to be a done deal, but recent opposition like this protest might have put it in jeopardy.
2. At the protest there were lots of big banners, like this one that says: “France needs children, not homosexuals.”
3. “The family is the base of the nation”
4. “One dad, one mom, for the children”
5. Same as above.
6. There were also lots of signs. This one says: “No to homosexual marriages.”
7. “1 father, 1 mother, for all children”
8. “Stop the destruction of our values”
9. “No to the government bill for the marriage for everyone”
10. “A real marriage, a true mom, a true daddy”
11. “Mom loves daddy”
12. “No to a decadent society”
13. “Unisex marriage is nonsense”
14. “The family is sacred”
15. There were also a lot of people yelling and shouting.
19. There were also balloons!
21. Face paint!
23. And members of France’s Nationalist party even took part.
24. There were also old people.
25. Lots of old people.
32. Oh, yeah, and an adult baby.
This picture is actually from a protest on Nov. 8. I couldn’t NOT include it, though.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀