Dear child, take a seat. I have a story to tell you. It’s about a girl group of great importance and cultural value. There are lessons to be learned here!
1. Our story begins in Houston, Texas. Long ago, the world was a lot different. A man with a silver head named Sisqo sang about thongs, trucker hats were actually non-ironically popular, and four girls from Texas wore weird banana-like costumes.
4. Then there was Tina. Tina was mom. Tina made decisions. Tina was not to be messed with. Tina ran shit.
5. The group would go on to make an iconic video called “Bugaboo.” It was about throwing pagers out of the window. That makes no sense to you. Actually, this song will make absolutely no sense to you. Forget about it.
6. So yeah, LeToya and LaTavia wouldn’t work out. It just wasn’t a fit? They sucked, I think?…
7. … but then Michelle and Farrah were introduced into the group. They were an easy, basic fit. At that time, all seemed well for Destiny’s Child.
8. That’s until Farrah spoke. Beyoncé did not like when anyone spoke.
9. So Beyoncé had her banished.
10. “Be gone, Farrah,” Beyoncé and Tina said.
11. Tina had bigger plans. Tina wanted so desperately to be a stylist.
12. So Tina went insane.
13. This was a dark period for Destiny’s Child. They looked truly ridiculous.
14. Like, some messed up candy cane shit happened.
15. Tina was out of control.
16. “I AM THE ONE TRUE LEAD STYLIST. I STYLE THIS GROUP. YOU MAY WEAR NO OTHER STYLES BESIDES MINE!!!!”
17. And so the girls suffered more.
18. Like really suffered. They had to wear mixed denim and random yellow crochet.
19. Then things turned even more sour. Beyoncé and Kelly wouldn’t let Michelle touch the award.
20. Beyoncé and Kelly wouldn’t let Michelle wear a skirt.
21. Michelle even tried to temporarily replace Beyoncé with her sister Solange. That didn’t work.
22. And then it happened. Michelle committed the ultimate sin. She stood in the middle. She took Beyoncé’s spot.
23. So Beyoncé had her banished.
25. Kelly would have a hit with Nelly.
26. Beyoncé would randomly star in Austin Powers 3.
27. And Michelle would be the face of tampons.
28. Alas, the biggest lesson we can learn from Destiny’s Child is that you should never, ever have your mother be your stylist.
- Tens of thousands of people are gathered for the Women's March On Washington, and marches are being held worldwide in solidarity.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸