1. If you haven’t heard, or are living in a place of denial that this could even happen, there’s an insane lake-effect snow event happening in and around Buffalo, New York.
2. Because it’s lake-effect snow, it’s targeting super-specific areas, meaning you can literally see the snow/no snow divide in the clouds.
4. With lake-effect snow, the weather can be drastically different in areas mere miles apart. One place may get multiple feet of snow while a few miles away they won’t have any.
5. And then boom. Just like that, it can snow 3 to 5 inches PER HOUR.
6. One of the craziest searches to do on Twitter is “buffalo door” because you’ll find pictures like this…
9. People are literally trapped inside.
10. According to this person’s Instagram caption, they’ve been stuck at work for over 24 hours.
11. THIS IS A GARAGE!
12. Some people are digging tunnels from their front doors…
14. Which doesn’t even matter because this is what some highways look like:
15. And this:
17. Even the Doritos truck is stuck!
18. In some places, the snow is so bad that it’s busting through WINDOWS and DOORS.
19. I repeat, the snow is busting…
23. Because your neighborhood could look like this…
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞